Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lake Tahoe 2008

the lake house
this shot is looking out toward the lake from the living room. these icicles don't look that big here, but they were about as big around as my calf. they say they can get bigger than your thigh. yikes.
the road to the lake's edge, where I took most of the pictures
lots of snow
and lots of sledding
my favorite grove of quakies
the sunsets were amazing, bright red! this is actually a sunrise. thanks to Matt the early-riser. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen that kind of snow in my life! It looks like it was nice and relaxing :) and THANK you for posting ;)

john & natalie said...

Beautiful! It was good to see you last week!

Rivers and Monica said...

Those sunrises look amazing. Unfortunately, I have slept thru most of the sunrises in my life. We are glad you guys had a good time. (And we are glad that you flew, so you wouldn't have to worry about Donner's Pass ;0)