Monday, June 28, 2010

New York - Day 2

Saturday - April 3, 2010

Today we spent the day exploring the city streets. We saw this theater (it was just around the corner from our hotel--we walked by it several times and I'm still not sure what it was)

Trump Tower (the one with the trees)

Saint Patrick's Cathedral



Ross carrying Sandra's big silver purse!

Radio City Music Hall

The Late Show Studio

The Broadway Theater

The gang on Broadway

Three very identical sky scrapers

Heading into Time Square


One of the New Years countdown ball drops

Rockefeller Plaza

How many movies/tv shows have you seen this in?

Does anyone watch 30 Rock?

Liz Lemon works up there


I really wanted to get close to the studios and jump up and down and wave through the windows, but Matt wouldn't let me ;)

I just wanted to see Keith Olbermann!

The Chrysler Building

This is is one of my favorite shots. I took it while walking across the street. I think it totally embodies the hustle and bustle of Manhattan--cars, taxis, people everywhere all the time.

I was excited to see the New York Public Library, but alas it was wrapped in scaffolding.

This is the oldest 'upscale' department store

The Empire State Building!

and Macy's

We wandered into Hell's Kitchen and found an old greek restaurant called Uncle Nick's. We got to try lots of different (new to me) dishes. I even tried a baby octopus tentacle (suction cups and all) but I was later wishing I'd stuck with my less adventurous first choices, greek salad or gyros. After sufficient relaxing after our exploring we hung out at the Carnegie Club and then got pizza at Bella Luna where the guy who took our order acted like he didn't know what any of the toppings were that we wanted on our pizza. Pepperoni? Olives? Mushrooms? Cheese????? Good times.

2 comments:

john & natalie said...

I love the picture of Ross carrying the fancy purse. What a guy. I think you're brave for eating scary things from the sea.

WESA said...

What an awesome trip! Did you see a show? There are about a dozen playing right now that I would love to see. Oh, and I love the pic of Ross holding Sandra's purse too! That's hilarious! Seinfeld has relevance in almost any situation!