Sunday, December 27, 2009

Orchids II

Part two in the orchid saga . . . you might remember me posting about the fuchsia spotted Orchid Jr. last spring. It stopped blooming sometime in the summer and I decided to try to get it to bloom again. This meant that I was supposed to cut off the stem two growth spots out from the ground.

I did the snipping and kept watering it with the ice cubes. Nothing was happening for so long that I thought for sure I had done it wrong. But low and behold about six months later this little guy showed up.

I wasn't sure that it was another stem at first, but now that it's grown a bit more I can tell that it is definitely an orchid stem! I can't believe it worked! I guess I may be speaking too soon since it hasn't actually bloomed, but I'm hoping that it will. I'll let you know what happens.

As I was admiring the new sprout, I noticed these little flowers. They are blooms on my rosemary plant. I don't think it's a good sign when they start to flower-kind of like going to seed-but they are so pretty. They are almost like little orchids or irises or something. I think I'll let them stay a while and see what happens.

No comments: