We started out the day with a long stroll through Central Park. It took an hour or so, but as you can imagine, we only covered a small portion of the 843 acre park. Saw this beautiful building on the way to the park--the detail was amazing!
The park was bustling with people
These huge granite outcroppings are throughout
All the buildings in the park were lovely--even the restrooms
One of many bridges
The carousal
The Dairy visitor center and gift shop
The pink blossoms on these trees (cherry?) made it look like it was snowing
You can actually see some of the pink "snow flakes" falling in this shot
a magnolia tree (Blogger rotated this for me and I can't make it not do that! Grr)
Hey, the bark looks just like camo!
Notice the couple in the bottom right posing for wedding photos
We walked to the Boat House to have lunch, but the wait was FOREVER so we left, but they had tables on a patio overlooking the lake. Wish I'd had the guts to take a photo of it over all the diner's heads--it was gorgeous.
More wedding photography
Next we walked along Madison Avenue to do some window shopping in all the swanky shops along the way
Tiffany's--it takes up this whole building
The first floor is all jewelry. We went up to the floor that had all the glass items--pretty stuff, but certainly out of my price range. I remember picking up some candlesticks, thinking they might be a good, although pricey souvenir from New York--and Tiffany's. They were $200 a piece and one of the cheaper items on that floor. Gah!
This brings me to a funny story . . . on one of our previous strolls we went inside the Cartier store. We spent some time browsing and Sandra wanted to try something on. Do you think we could get someone to help us? No way! Sandra even flagged someone down but was told she was busy helping someone else! So we took our money and went somewhere else. (Imagine me wagging my finger wildly as I say that)
We had lunch at a little cafe just off Madison Ave, Terramare. It was a nice respite from the heat. Have I mentioned yet that it was unseasonably warm for New York in April? It was in the 90's almost the whole time we were there. It doesn't sound that hot, but with the humidity--lets just say I was having one continual bad hair day.
That night we had reservations at Tabla, an indian restaurant. I wish I would have taken pictures--it was beautiful inside. And the food was amazing.
1 comment:
Wow, you make New York look really gorgeous (way prettier than I remember it being).
How cool to go to Tiffany's and look around!
Post a Comment