Monday, August 2, 2010

New York - Day 4

Monday, April 5, 2010

Today we had tickets to a Mets game. We rode the subway with a transfer all the way to the new Citi Field.


it was opening day



we got there in time to settle in, eat hot dogs and watch batting practice.


then they prepped the field

and the players were introduced

the flag marched out


some veterans were honored and many, many more marched out

and as the national anthem was sung by a military group

a gigantic flag was unfurled


then Darryl Strawberry threw the first pitch

and the game started



 
this big apple popped up when the Mets scored a home run

the Mets won!

we saw lots of interesting characters while leaving the game--these two were my favorite


I even got "randomly" searched (again) before going into the subway. I've always been pretty mean looking. :)  Next we headed to Grand Central Station.

These pillars are mirrored on the other side and if you whisper into one column it can be heard on the opposite corner like they were standing next to you. I felt really stupid doing it, but it really works and it's kind of cool. We had dinner at the oyster bar in the bottom of Grand Central Station.
it was very old and very cool

and the food wasn't bad either (or at all)!!


check out the chandeliers!

while I was standing at the top of these stairs I couldn't help but think of that scene in the Untouchables with the baby stroller . . .




we made our way out of Grand Central and ended up here


some of us took a cab back to the hotel and some hoofed it. it was a fun day.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

Your pictures are awesome. How many days did you guys get to spend there?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I second that motion, your Pictures are AMAZINGINGLY awesome! I need a workshop on what you do, stat! I love seeing all the posts!!