Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Denver

. . . the highlights {not that there were any low lights :) }

downtown.
the brown palace. cool old hotel a couple of blocks from our hotel. where we had dinner at the palace arms for jim and adele's 20th anniversary. awesome/funny french waiter. amazing food.

16 avenue pedestrian mall. closed to traffic except for a free bus. full of trees, vendor carts and people.
coors field.


giants at rockies. seats on third base. denver dogs.


millennium bridge. at the end of 16th ave.


weird.

the churchill. also in the brown palace. successful procurement of remote control.

adele's ute fight song solo. five times. 54-10.


the rockies overlooking the rockies.

first base seats.

the beard again. ugh.

denver botanic gardens {it deserves it's own post}.

denver art museum. closed mondays. boo.


lawn ornament at the denver public library.


colorado state capitol.

denver = good time

4 comments:

john & natalie said...

holy smokes. that looks like an awesome trip! your photos are always enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure you live the cooooolest life of anyone I know. Agreed with nat, your pictures are amazing :)

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing. We all love to live vicariously through your wonderful vacations :)

WESA said...

I love those buildings that are triangle shaped, and the rooms at the point of the triangle face a criss-crossed street! I love architecture! I should have studied that instead. During the several times Wes and I visited his mom in the Denver area, we never went downtown. :( I wish we had!

Yeah, WEIRD! Who carries around their pet snake in public?!

Oh yeah, that was a great game!! Y fans will be sore for some time. Hee hee!! ;)

Botanical Gardens, Art Museums!?! I miss traveling!! Um, the word 'ornament' suggests something SMALL. :)