Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Log Haven



To celebrate our 2nd Anniversary, Matt surprised me with a trip up Millcreek Canyon to have dinner at Log Haven. It was my first visit to Log Haven and boy was it a pleasant surprise. The weather was beautiful as was the drive up the canyon. We were one of only a few other tables at the restaurant and the view from our table was looking out over the waterfall. All of the food was delicious and I even got to try my first taste of lobster tail. The best of all the courses was the dessert! It was made by a local award winning chocolate company, Aman
o. We got the Chocolate Trio: Jembrana chocolate ganache, Ocumare milk chocolate ganache, white chocolate mousse, roasted hazelnut ice cream, blood orange. It was heavenly!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. All that chocolate is riiiiight up my alley. I hope you have fun in Stg this weekend, even with the 100 + weather. Sorry we will miss you guys ( We don't get back till monday night ) We will have to make a trip up this summer and visit :)

john & natalie said...

That is where I had my bridal photos taken. It's so amazing up there! WAY TO GO MATT!

Cassidy said...

Sounds fabulous!

Rivers and Monica said...

Yummy, we hardly ever get desserts. I love them, but we are usually to full by the time we are done eating.