Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Julie & Julia


If you haven't already seen this movie, you really need to. It was so entertaining. Meryl Streep's performance as Julia Child was spot on. I actually loved all the characters. Just overall a really fantastic movie. I think Matt even enjoyed it. Meaning, not a total chick flick, so no excuses.

Now that my wisdom tooth craters have stopped shooting lightning bolts of pain through my scull, I'm going to try to finish my Alaska ports posts. I'm also knee deep in photos of Mom and Dad/Grandma and Grandpa that we are scanning for projects for their 50th anniversary party. If you haven't heard, it's going to be on Saturday, September 26th at the Legion Hall in Hurricane. Invitations will be sent out, but I haven't even started them yet.

5 comments:

Cassidy said...

I agree! We went to see this movie for our anniversary a couple of weeks ago, and I am positive that Tyler liked it as much as I did. I think it was the best movie we've seen in a long time.
And I loved that the song 'a bushel and a peck' was in it. That song reminds me of Grandma.

Anonymous said...

I REALLY want to see it! BUT chris came and saw the time travelers wife and I won't go see District 9 so I don't know if I could push him into seeing this, but hey, it is my birfday, so maybe I could...

ANYTHING you need help with for the anniversary shindig - let me know! As far as cakes/cookies/ goodies whatever you guys want, let me know as well. THANKS :)

john & natalie said...

I'm glad to hear that you liked the movie. I'll be sure to rent it when it comes out because movie theaters are no longer an option for me. Your comment about your wisdom teeth holes made me laugh a lot. I remember that feeling and your description is SPOT ON.

I'm really sad that I can't be at the anniversary party. Take lots of pictures! OH...and will you send me some of the pics you took after Kate's blessing? Thanks!

Cassidy said...

I think I was distracted during the wisdom teeth part earlier - did you just recently get them taken out?

And I am so sad we can't come to the Anniversary party. I am still crossing my fingers that something happens and I somehow get a free flight or something. :)

The Baileywyck said...

I saw the movie with a friend, and we enjoyed it very much. She had the Julia voice mastered!