Saturday, March 14, 2009

Orchid Jr.



This lovely specimen was waiting for me when I got home from work a couple of weeks ago (isn't he sweet!). But the other day when I got home from work, I couldn't help but notice the contrast between its vibrance and beauty and the white blanket of snow lying beyond the window sill. Today is sunny and not quite as cold so this picture doesn't have the spine chilling affect I felt when I took it. The bulbs are starting to poke through the frosty ground and today I'm wearing flip flops to celebrate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't need to tell you the temp in STG because I'm sure your aware. I love pictures of the snow, it makes me think of warm sweaters, hot chocolate and biscotti and reading a book next to a fire. Alas, I hate the snow in real life.

Nice pic! :) You should just come to visit and get a mini-vacation.

P.s. KSL weather said that next weekend in SL it is supposed to be at least 10 degrees higher than normal. :) And matt is super sweet, I'm happy your married to him!

john & natalie said...

Cool picture! Happy Spring!