Monday, April 13, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti & Olive Cheese Bread

I tried these two recipes last week and they were REALLY good! They are both from The Pioneer Woman (these are her photos too). The Chicken Spaghetti was very easy to throw together. I even used canned chicken to speed up the process a little. Because I didn't have the chicken broth to boil the spaghetti in, I just added a little chicken bullion to the boiling water and then used it later on in the recipe too.



The recipe for the Olive Cheese Bread is for a whole loaf of french bread. I did what the recipe suggests and put half of the loaf with the spread already on into the freezer for later. I think even non-mayo lovers would still like this recipe.




I've also tried Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich, the Whiskey Glazed Carrots (yes, the alcohol burns off, don't worry) and the BBQ Meatballs. All very delicious. I've tried a couple of others that didn't turn out so well though. They were both baked items, cheese muffins and cupcakes, and may not have worked out as well because we are at a considerably higher altitude here in Utah compared to Oklahoma where Pioneer Woman lives. They both turned out really dry.

Let me know if you've tried any of her recipes. I can't wait for another installment of "Black Heals and Tractor Wheels"!

4 comments:

Rivers and Monica said...

Yum, that looks really yummy. I always like it when other people try new recipes and then pass on the goodness. :)

Cassidy said...

She had a recipe for a brined turkey that I came across while I was catching up on the story, and it sounded so good I wanted to run out and get a bird to cook. I haven't tried any of her recipes, but I think I'm going to have to!

Anonymous said...

I made the Olive cheese bread like a year ago. It didn't turn out. I think I did one of those "a lil' of this and a lil' of that" on it. And we all know how that ends up.

With a loaf of olive cheese bread in the 'bin' that's where.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, but most of her recipes look really good. Who wants to try sushi at home? me me me me me (waving hand frantically) also her cupcakes with frosting made from sweetened condensed milk. The OCB mishap won't discourage me from trying one of her recipes soon.

Also, the Best Chocolate Cake Ever. Really and truly is the Best Chocolate Cake ever.

I know the Best Chocolate Sheet cake is true, with every fiber of my being.