Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Toy



I've been drooling over this stand mixer for quite some time now. I've gotten along fine without one but was told it made baking so much easier. I just couldn't justify the moolaa for something that I wouldn't use a ton. Plus there is the amount of real estate that a stand mixer requires in order to keep it in a place that makes it fairly easy to pull out and use. Luckily good ol' Costco decided to have a sale with a coupon and I took the plunge. I haven't used it yet, just unpacked it and sat it on the counter to admire. Today I ran across a recipe for Macaroons on Martha's site. I love Macaroons! This is a fairly new love for me because even though I'd heard ravings about Macaroons, they looked like dry little morsels of dryness. Matt brought some home one time and I was glad to get to try some of those dry little morsels of dryness that everyone raves about and I was so wrong! They were heavenly! Anyway, after seeing how easy the recipe is, I think that it might be the christening recipe for the Empire Red Kitchen Aid. Have any of you ever tried making Macaroons? If so, how did it go?

4 comments:

Cassidy said...

MMMMmmmm, I love macaroons but I've never made them. And your mixer is so pretty.

john & natalie said...

That mixer is sexy enough to keep out on your counter all the time. Let me know how your treats turn out.

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to make those FOR-EV-ER. (Cue Sandlot scene). The only thing holding me back is that I can't find ground almond flour anywhere. Let me know where you find some. ALSO. Have you heard of David Lebovitz? Check out his site Davidlebovitz.com search for macarons. He is a famous chef living in paris. His site/stuff is UH-mazing. droolworthy for sure. You'll love it. Let me know what you think

Amy said...

I think the almond flour is just ground up blanched almonds.