Friday, April 17, 2009

The Parthenon and Country Music Hall of Fame




This building is the only full scale replica of the greek temple. It was originally built for Tennessee's 1897 Centennial Exposition. Inside there is supposed to be a sculpture of Athena Parthenos and is the tallest indoor sculpture in the western world. Unfortunately we showed up on the day that the museum was closed so we didn't get to go inside. It was still fun to walk between the pillars.




This is the Country Music Hall of Fame. You can tell how interested I was to start the tour - I was taking pictures of the cool wood bricks used to tile the floor in the entrance.



The museum is set up to show you the whole history of country music and you start on the top floor with the beginning of country music. It was interesting, even though I'm not a huge country music fan, because of the the old memorabilia. Hey, look! Elvis's gold limousine! And his gold piano! Do you think Elvis liked gold?



Oh, and hey, look! There's Gene Watson! You mean that guy that we got an autograph of at the Grand Ole Opry is famous? Hmm. I don't belong here.


No comments: