After the departure from Seattle at 4:00 pm on Saturday we cruised Alaska's inside passage until reaching our first port, Ketchikan, Alaska at 7:00 am on Monday morning. Since it took us a day and a half to reach Ketchikan, that left us plenty of time to unpack, explore the ship and enjoy the view from our balcony. It was beautiful pine tree covered scenery the whole way. There were amazing islands everywhere with the occasional lighthouse, small village, fishing vessels and wildlife. Here's a shot of our ship, the Norwegian Star.
Our stateroom was comfortable. I really enjoyed having a balcony.



Oh, hey look! I know those guys!
Just a FEW (sorry) of the beauties we saw along the way. . .







This guy was waving at us . . . over and over again. Okay, it was really just slapping the water over and over again which I think I've heard is a warning signal. This doesn't really do justice to the amazingnous of actually seeing it. It was AWESOME!



Umm, is that boat heading straight for us?

Phew, it's not a hijacker, it's just the Canadian pilot getting on board the ship. Interesting.



2 comments:
Oh, it looks like it was so fun. Glad you didn't get hijacked by some crazy canadian pirates. Also, Good Bokeh on the picture of the deck at night! :)
Your room looks huge! Amazing pics!
Post a Comment