Friday, June 19, 2009
We flew out to Seattle early on Friday to have a little time to see the city before we boarded the ship on Saturday. We finally found a place to park downtown and road the monorail to the Space Needle.


We had some amazing views from the top. That's the monorail line in the picture below on the right.


After riding the monorail back we walked down to Pikes Place, the famous public market. It was a madhouse inside, but very fun to see. That's the famous fish throwing guys on the bottom. I just missed getting a picture of them actually throwing some fish around. It was awesome.


The flowers were amazing and unbelievably cheap! The rows of bouquets went on forever. I even got my name written in Chinese by this guy.


The next stop was the Seattle Public Library. It is really funky looking, inside and out. Each floor of the library is built in a spiral so you can walk from one floor to the next without using the stairs.
We flew out to Seattle early on Friday to have a little time to see the city before we boarded the ship on Saturday. We finally found a place to park downtown and road the monorail to the Space Needle.
We had some amazing views from the top. That's the monorail line in the picture below on the right.
After riding the monorail back we walked down to Pikes Place, the famous public market. It was a madhouse inside, but very fun to see. That's the famous fish throwing guys on the bottom. I just missed getting a picture of them actually throwing some fish around. It was awesome.
The flowers were amazing and unbelievably cheap! The rows of bouquets went on forever. I even got my name written in Chinese by this guy.
The next stop was the Seattle Public Library. It is really funky looking, inside and out. Each floor of the library is built in a spiral so you can walk from one floor to the next without using the stairs.
We boarded the ship Saturday morning and after while, Goodbye Seattle! Bon Voyage! On to Alaska!
(These pictures are actually from when we arrived back in Seattle at the end of our cruise, but I thought they were a good depiction of Seattle from the water. I think Matt took most of them because I was still asleep.)
3 comments:
Okay, I had no idea you guys went to alaska! More info please. Was this just a fun jaunt up to the great white north, or work related? You guys take lots of cool trips!
PS
I guess the cheap flowers offset the cost of expensive living!
Saaaaaweeeeet.
Sounds like so much fun!
Post a Comment