Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Clean Windows!

Have any of you ever tried this Windex window cleaning kit? I saw it advertised on TV and the skeptic in me said that it would never work as good as they say. I don't really like washing windows, in fact I've only washed some of the windows at our house once since we moved in. They were looking pretty bad for a while and so I decided to give the kit a try. I bought the kit a couple of weeks ago, but it had been raining pretty much non-stop for a week or so. Finally last Saturday was sunny and I broke out the kit. I only got about 3/4 of the ground level windows done before it started raining! But it was enough time to see that the kit really works! It so easy! You just attach the pad, get it wet, wipe all over the window (this is the key - must make sure you get every square inch of the window) and then just spray the window off with the hose. It dries pretty much spot free. It's not perfect, but I've never had windows look perfect after just one washing so I'm pretty happy with the results. They still look really good, except the windows that the rain hits. Windex has a coupon offer on their website too.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

I'll have to remember this.

It kind of reminds me of the automatic carwashes- I am so skeptical of the spot free rinse.

Anonymous said...

I should try that. Chris' mom is very firm on us that all the windows are washed inside and out way more often than we would like ( which would be never ) I'm like you - I'm not really into cleaning windows.