Monday, October 24, 2011

Lynn & Ruth

check out these awesome photos i came across while snooping straightening up some stuff at mom and dad's a couple of weekends ago.  they are of grandma and grandpa naegle (toquer) when they were fairly young.  dad said they were given to him by a friend that grew up in toquerville too, who's parents must have been friends with grandma and grandpa naegle. aren't they amazing?  they make me smile every time i look at them.  i LOVE the outfit grandma's wearing when she's sitting on the huge log. 

i don't know if these were taken before or after grandma and grandpa got married because they aren't dated.  but it's funny, diane had told me a little story the day before i found these photos that had really made an impression on me after having driven all the way across the state in just four hours to visit in hurricane.  she said that she remembers grandma naegle (toquer) telling her about the day that they got married, they had to get up really early to go to the temple in st. george because by horse and buggy it took about FOUR HOURS!  they had their wedding ceremony and then had to turn around and ride for another four hours to get back to toquerville.  can you imagine?  they had to spend their whole wedding day in a darn buggy!  anyway, i'm so glad i got to see them.









4 comments:

Cassidy said...

Woah! I can see a ton of Cathy and Lori and Lisa in Grandma's face. And it is so interesting because I can just barely remember what they looked like when I knew them.

And I think its funny that my mom told you that story, because I've probably heard it 50 times. :)

Diane said...

That picture on the bridge looks like it might be the old original one down by Pah Tempe, which would have been the only bridge going to Hurricane at that time.

WESA said...

Those photos are amazing! I can see parts of all of us girls in those photos of Grandma! I love that I can see a combination of both Grandma Naegle and Grandma Taylor in my crooked index fingers. I actually haven't heard that story before. That's a LONG time to spend in a buggy! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can see all of you guys in Grandma Naegle's face. It is crazy! The clothes are pretty awesome too!