Wednesday - April 7
Matt and I decided to visit the Empire State Building so we hopped on the subway.
Even though we already had our tickets to get to the top, the wait seemed to go on and on and on. Just as you would turn a corner and think you might be making progress, there were more lines. At one point they offered the crowd a shortcut, bypassing the second elevator, by opening up the stairs--we could just walk up 10 short flights and be at the top. Suckas! By about the eighth flight I felt like my shoes were filled with lead. Phew! I made it to the top. The viewing area was not surprisingly very crowded. Not quite the serene, quiet place they show in the movies. :)
But the views did not disappoint! That's Central Park just beyond the row of buildings.
In case you haven't noticed, I love bridges.
When we got back it was time to head to Benoit for Sandra's birthday brunch. We spent three hours tasting french appetizers like escargot, pate, foie gras and some other stuff that I can't pronounce (that certainly didn't stop me from trying it though).
Saw this 'lovely' sculpture on the walk back to the hotel.
Changed hotel rooms again and this is the view of Times Square from our window.
1 comment:
I love bridges, too! Even small, not-so-fancy ones, like the one-laner on the way to Grafton. What a fun trip to New York! It's amazing how many buildings fit on that island!
Post a Comment