Friday, July 1, 2011

San Francisco 2011 - Part 1

We spent a few days in San Francisco (Corte Madera to be exact) last week. On Monday we drove up north to Sonoma.

Had lunch and took a stroll around the town square.


Sanoma City Hall in the middle of the square.

Cooled off inside of one of the wineries. Did I forget to mention that it was REALLY, REALLY hot? It was.

On Tuesday, after a visit to a swanky salon with Sandra and Jenni, we took the ferry from Corte Madera to the AT&T Park for a baseball game--SF Giants vs. Minnesota Twins. Go Twins!

The dock is right around the corner from San Quentin.

The Richmond-San Rafael Bridge
and the Golden Gate Bridge...

peeking out from behind Angel Island.

This is the west coast's version of Ellis Island (on Angel Island). It's being restored right now.


Alcatraz Island. It was pretty foggy so it was nearly impossible to get a clear photo.



Downtown San Fransisco and Coit Tower on the right.

The Bay Bridge.


AT&T Park.

Kayakers waiting for fly balls.


We had seats right behind home base
with great views of the batters

and the Twin's dugout.

Matt, Sandra, Jackson Chou and Ross.

The Twin's won 8-0.

The city from the ferry on the way back after the game.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like fun! You guys always go on fun trips, lucky ducks! I think it's funny that the first bridge looks really wavy - compared to the other two which are stick straight.

john & natalie said...

Your pictures are awesome! I'm jealous of your globe-trotting.

Cassidy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassidy said...

Great photos! Can't wait to see more!

Diane said...

Outstanding way to spend a few days away from the city!!!!

Anonymous said...

PS, those photo's are great! You definitely need to frame them!

WESA said...

Oh, man! I love that place! I love the pics with the fog covering part of the Golden Gate Bridge. Such a beautiful city! That reminds me, I saw a movie trailer for a true story about the Oakland A's (which I know isn't the same as the SF Giants, but it's close in proximity) that looks pretty good! If Sonoma was hot, at least you could go back to San Francisco to cool off, right? Didn't Mark Twain say something like the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco?