Thursday - April 8
Today we navigated the subway to the Staten Island Ferry Terminal for a cruise past the Statue of Liberty.


After a bit of a wait, we boarded the John F. Kennedy Ferry Vessel. A little side note: The ferry system shuttles 60,000 people per day between the Staten Island and Manhattan. I don't know what rush hour is like, but wouldn't that be a beautiful, relaxing commute? AND the ferry that we rode on the way back, the Andrew J. Barberi, was the one that wrecked into the terminal a few weeks later.

A view of the terminal from the water. I was surprised by how pretty and completely different it looked from the water side.








We jumped on the subway again to visit the SoHo area.

Stopped at a little mexican restaurant for lunch then did some exploring through the streets of SoHo.

Greeters outside the Hollister store. Wish Wal-Mart's greeters looked like this.


We found a bunch of little street shops and got Chinese massages. They were very persuasive. First Jim, then Matt got sucked in. I went over to take pictures of them and I got sucked in too, not that I'm complaining.

Hey, look--Plantworld! err--Plantworks.


When we got back to the hotel, we watched the sun go down over the city.
And when it was dark, Matt and I walked down to Times Square.
The crowds were enormous and the lights were so bright it felt almost like mid-day.
I need to work on my self portrait technique.
Oh, and a funny story...I had stopped to take a picture of a billboard and as I looked up to keep walking I saw a very pregnant Amanda Peed. She and the woman she was walking with gave me a major crusty--she must have thought I was taking a picture of her.
1 comment:
I heard a little piece on NPR about a pigeon named Tony who rides the ferry each day during the morning and evening rush hours. He arrives every day, like clockwork, and apparently he cleans up after the passengers better than the ferry workers. Did you see him?
Is Ross carrying Sandra's purse again? So funny!
What?! Hollister has greeters? Good thing they remembered their sunscreen! They'd turn into lobsters after standing all day, out in the shadows of all those skyscrapers. But, don't you still like the greeter at the Ft. Union Wal-mart? He's so DRAMATIC!
I love how the sunset makes everything have a golden hue.
Oh! Can I get one of those if I sell A LOT of Mary Kaye? Please!?!
Remember how Piccadilly Circus was supposed to be like Times Square? Ha!
No, that wasn't a crusty, that's her normal face.
Post a Comment